***Pricing has been announced at $1299 for the DJI A2, with special limited combo deals: Buy A2+S800 EVO Combo Get free iOSD II or Buy A2+S800 EVO+Z15 Combo Get free iOSD II***
DJI Innovations has been hard at work on some very exciting new products including a new flagship flight controller: The DJI A2. Superseding the Wookong family, the A2 sticks closely to the DJI’s tradition of wowing customers with high specs, but it also innovates dramatically in a couple of key areas, which DJI hopes will give it an edge over the competition. So what are the difference between the new A2 and the Wookong?
DJI A2 vs. WooKong-M
1. High-end of the High-end Flight Controllers
Inherited from the technology of DJI’s Wookong series controller, the A2 offers you a brand new flight experience with a new design philosophy.
2. Precise Position Hold in Extreme Environments
Featuring the new (and larger) generation GPS Module, the multi-rotor will have more accurate position and altitude lock even in semi closed environment.
3. High Accuracy and Anti-vibration Dampening Characteristics
Hovering accuracy is improved by the upgraded IMU whose anti-vibration characteristic is significantly
improved. With the A2, flying a multi-rotor will be as easy as driving a car.
4. Built-in 2.4ghz DESST Receiver
The A2 has a built-in 2.4ghz DESST receiver which greatly simplifies the system complexity and improves the security of the remote control system The A2 is compatible to the following receivers:
- Futaba FASST series receiver
- JR/SPEKTRUM receiver with two-way DSM2 satellite interface
- Futaba S-Bus receiver with S-BUS interface
- Traditional receiver with DJI DBUS ADAPTER module
5. Flexible extension capability
The A2 is equipped with a minimum of twelve output channels, which allows users to greatly extend the advantages of the A2.
6. Remote Parameter Adjustment Enabled
The A2 provides assistant software for iOS devices (Bluetooth 4.0). You can adjust parameters at any time on your mobile device, using only an LED indicator with a built-in Bluetooth module, which makes it easier and convenient. It uses low power Bluetooth to minimize the power consumption of your mobile device. It is easy to use and will automatically save your last connection records. The password mechanism ensures your link is safe. Parameters can be automatically synchronized to the Cloud Server and can be restored immediately when you change your mobile device.
7. Upgraded Power Management Unit (PMU)
The power management unit (PMU) is upgraded for the A2 to solve the high power consumption. It contains two power outputs for the entire A2 system and receiver separately, a battery voltage monitor, and two CANBus interfaces.
8. Dual CAN-Bus System
The A2 system has a dual CAN-Bus design, which means that the system data throughput will be doubled and the extensibility is improved.
9. Advanced Friendly Features
- Motor Test
- Power lock when connect assistant software
- Inverted Nose-In Return-to-Home
- HOME point/instruction
- Compass error alarming
- Built-in Receiver
- MultipleControl Modes
- 2-axle Gimbal Supported
- Enhanced FailSafe
- Intelligent Orientation Control
- Dynamical Systems Protection
- PC & Bluetooth Ground Station
- External Receiver Supported
- 9 Types of Supported Multi-rotor
- Other DJI Products Supported
- Low Voltage Protection
- Configure Para Via Bluetooth
- Sound Alarm
- 4 Configurable Output
Supported Multi-rotor configurations
- Quad-rotor: I4, X4
- Hexa-rotor: I6, V6, Y6, IY6
- Octo-rotor: X8, I8, V8
Supported ESC output
- 400Hz refresh frequency.
Supported Transmitter for Built-in Receiver
- Futaba FASST Series and DJI DESST Series
External Receiver Supported
- Futaba S-Bus, S-Bus2, DSM2
- 2S ~ 6S LiPo
Assistant Software System Requirement
- Windows XP SP3 / 7 /8 (32 or 64 bit)
Other DJI Products Supported
- Z15，H3-2D，iOSD，DBUS Adapter，2.4G Data Link